Friday, April 3, 2009

In the Pink!

It's been years since I first heard the expression, "Bloom Where You're Planted." Being a military wife, the phrase held special meaning. It's a life affirming statement that I liken to "seize the moment!" So, it applies regardless of how long I have lived at my current address.

I have always wanted to design something special to celebrate this sentiment. Nothing came to me, creatively speaking...that was worthy. Fast forward many years. The place is our quarters, Fort Campbell, Kentucky. In my cement driveway I see this morning glory in full bloom (a seed that had "volunteered" from the previous year's potted plant I had growing nearby) I knew I had the right photo for one of my favorite quotes. This flower did not let a lack of soil deter it from its right and natural course...and it "bloomed where it was planted!"

3 comments:

rhonda edgar said...

You certainly did find the perfect image for the quote! Yep, as military spouses we often have no choice but to bloom where we are planted. Good advice for anyone, though!

Kimberly Ylitalo said...

Your comment was posted even as I am still editing! HA Got sidetracked with trying to change the color and style of my font...and going into Adobe PhotoShop is like a BIG BLACK HOLE...and I lose time. Thanks for the comment, Rhonda...I think the saying is very good advice...on many levels. :-) I'll be checking back in with you soon! Still working on this other little pet project...and now I just need to photograph it....

eileen hull said...

Same with me- always heard that saying but when I had to DO it, I really got it. Love your beautiful photo- such nice greens and pink. Is that one of your fonts? Sure you can have that saying! It's, "Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer." That one is hot off the press. The hooah had requests for so that one's new too. Have a great weekend!