Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mandevilla

Even before summertime is official, this sunny season arrives in Alabama on the heels of spring. It slides in the screen door, hoping to remain unnoticed for a bit longer...but we are onto you Summer. You bring warmer days and balmy evenings. I say "good evening" to green frogs and mosquitos on the front porch at night. And best of all? The local stores bring in their beautiful bounty of annual flowers...ready to plant and decorate our yards. The window of opportunity for planting is NOW...before the temperatures are hot enough to peel paint off the barn.

Hello, Summer!

3 comments:

eileen hull said...

Kim, beautiful flowers, beautiful photo, beautiful logo! Thanks... more inspiration to work in PS :-) I'm stuck in Illustrator.

Kimberly Ylitalo said...

Oh, Bean...I wish we could magically suck up all the knowledge that the pros have using Adobe PS and Illustrator. I tried using Illustrator a few weeks ago and couldn't even get to step ONE of my project before I had to go back and use PS. Thanks for the lovely words about my latest photo. I borrowed the idea of framing in black...and the "signature" stamp...from this other photographer's work...because it just made the photos POP...and that's what I wanted. And the sand dollar was a design I've been wanting to do since collecting the shells in Sarasota back in November....

rhonda edgar said...

Oh, how I miss the South this time of year! Every place has its own beauty but I fantasize about jumping from place to place as I chase my climatical whims (and avoid the grasp of the long NW winters!)
Beautiful photo! I could stare at flowers ALL DAY.....