Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I missed out seeing these Iris beauties last year while I was cavorting in Washington State with my brother, Matthew...and my firlgriend, Lorie Joey. Jeff was kind enough to photograph them for me...so I wouldn't go through a complete springtime flower withdrawal and I appreciated it. This year I am able to see them and photograph them for myself and they're as beautiful as ever.

After following a wonderful Seattle photographer's blog for several weeks...I was inspired to create my own "signature stamp" for some of my photos. And the sand dollar image is one I've had on my List of the things to draw for a long while. So I converged the two inspirations and came up with this art stamp image. I uploaded it to my Adobe brush presets....and Voila! I can digitally stamp it anywhere.

1 comment:

rhonda edgar said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the pale color of these irises. White flowers are one of my favorites, they just really seem to stand out in a very simple and lovely way.
I love your sand dollar stamp, too.
I sure wish I had known you were in WA last year!