Friday, March 27, 2009

Doing our part!

Day 2 and the taxes are almost done. Finished the Federal Returns and then dove right in to get to the Alabama and Idaho returns. Didn't even let the ink dry on the first set of completed papers (so to speak). It's all over now except for the shoutin'! I'm not sure why I'm not more upset by the results of this years returns. Usually this whole experience leaves me feeling depressed. Oh that's right! I quit smoking...and nothing can compete with how I was feeling depressed over THAT loss. Turns out it was the perfect precursor for doing taxes...and I guess I'm numb to the feelings of pain...and paying. I'm looking at the bright side...which is that we're lucky to be doing well enough-financially-that we owe our government money. And we know there are soooo many good causes that our money can be used for.
Oh! And please remember!
Think: WORLD PEACE

1 comment:

eileen hull said...

I feel your pain, my friend... I would love to meet in Charlotte but not sure if it will work in April- have some stuff going on here. Trinity is coming to stay with us for a month mid-May to June. I am very excited about it but had already signed up for 3 shows before I knew she was coming. Jess is in Norfolk for 7 weeks. H and I were going to RV this weekend but she called and said Can I come home this weekend? It's good to see her- she has grown up a lot and is doing great. Had a call from Chris 2 nights ago- he seems good. We do need to talk...