Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jeff says I need to have faith

...that I can beat this thing. He's not a religious guy...but has oodles of good advice about having faith and following our heart and doing the right thing. Mostly Jeff just wants to see me succeed in this, my latest challenge. He says cool stuff like "once you make up your mind to do something, Kim, you'll do it!" He cringes when I talk negative crap about myself...but knows that it's not really me who's saying these things...but the alien who has moved in temporarily....the alien who doesn't LIKE that I've given up smoking. Anyway, I do have to remind myself that something was telling me to quit. Some strong inner voice...and I was listening that day. No one in their right mind WANTS to quit....that's just crazy. So, now I pay the piper...for my many years of self abuse. Now...or later. I say let's get this horrid habit out of the way now...and enjoy the rest of my life without it. Yup. That's what I say. Sixteen days and still counting...

2 comments:

eileen hull said...

I know you can do it Kim! Look at what you have done already with sticking to your guns about eating healthy. I am so proud of you. That's probably true the worst is over... hopefully... can you pray for me to be healed of my diet Coke affliction?

rhonda edgar said...

As one who has fought this very demon, I can say that you will be so glad you've made this move. I know what you mean about listening to that inner voice. Mine was practically screaming at me to quit. Jeff is right, have faith. Have faith and know that you've done exactly the right thing at exactly the right time!