Sunday, October 26, 2008

I never tire of our jogs around this little lake. It is so beautiful at this time of year. This month marks our one-year anniversary of going out to walk/jog this 5K route. I remember when I first saw this gorgeous flowering shrub. It's HUGE! I've since learned that it is a rose mallow, also known as Confederate Rose. This is the sight that greets us as we park our vehicle in the parking lot before we begin our jog.
Today Jeff and I did a double loop of the lake. Well, Jeff did a complete and I did a partial double loop. After we jogged the 3 miles one way, Jeff reversed his direction and headed back around for an additional 3 miles. After jogging one way, I walked for 1 1/2 miles...until I met up with Jeff again, and then I completed the path...jogging an additional 1 mile. This marks another first for me. Four miles of jogging in the same session. YAY! There was a couple of times during the jog that I wanted to snap a photo of the dappled light, still day...sun shining on the water. But I think I can remember it...even without a photo.


1 comment:

Blake Anthony Lewis said...

It always helps to keep me motivated when i'm jogging somewhere gorgeous. Actually not always true. A lot of the time I just want to stop and enjoy the view. Still it's always fun to jog somewhere beautiful!