Monday, October 6, 2008

G'bye to friends

I can't believe it. We watched the last episode of the final season of "The Wire." I'm going to miss the great characters (flawed to a fault), even the bad guys. I'll miss the gritty realism of the inner city...and the smart, quick dialog that made me feel like I was being let in on a well kept secret. Hey! I think it's because the writers gave credit to their audience and didn't feel compelled to explain every little thing. I liked that a lot. I'm grateful to all the folks involved in bringing us such great television...and I look forward to seeing what this writing team comes up with next.

More television pseudo-friendship goodbyes included the final season of "Foyle's War" on PBS Mystery ...and the final season of "Inspector Lynley" on the same station. I'm bereft on both counts. What better testimony of good entertainment...than a viewing fan who feels they've lost a friend.

No comments: