Friday, January 10, 2020

More Grandson Tales

Chopped leaves and shredded paper (Carbon)? Check

Today FaceBook reminded me of a post from five years ago.  Sounds like I had good intentions of writing a little story about Gavin and composting.  Funny, I never got around to it.  Better late than never, I've decided to copy and paste my FaceBook post into this space and share the pictures I took on that day, too.  

The time she flies too quickly!

Here's the original post:

"I still want to write a blog about this entire 'Babka & Gavin Adventure.' Gavin and I had such a good time doing so many different things in such a short period. But when Gavin turned to me out of the blue and declared. "Let's make compost now," I wish I could share how I felt. The idea came from him, not me. But he sure picked the right Babka for this topic! Thank you, Tarajean, for allowing Gavin to have his own personal 'compost bowl' in your kitchen and the bucket and bag of chopped leaves and shredded paper in your back yard  Can't wait for warmer weather to start doing it's magic!"
Green' kitchen waste (Nitrogen)? Check

Bucket has drilled holes in the bottom for drainage and now just needs to be set outdoors for Oxygen and allow Mother Nature to run her course.

Gavin told me, "no meat and no mayonnaise." He is so right. And we went into the laundry room and found Babka's dryer lint to add to this batch of compost, too!

No comments: