Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sexagenarian


Funny how the advent of a birthday brings on extra thinking, above and beyond the norm. A little like taking a pulse.  How am I?  How do I feel about this? Where am I going? What have I accomplished? What would I like to do with my remaining time here on planet Earth? Some of this sounds like big idea stuff when spoken out loud or written here on the white page. But now that it's escaped the just thinking phase, best see if I can find some worthy answers and set some goals for the remainder of my sexagenarian decade.

The thought of this next birthday makes me a little giddy, without the threat of a hangover. Not a landmark one but special nevertheless. I've arrived!  But where is that exactly? It's definitely nowhere I could have ever predicted back when I began my adult journey.

Married for 31 years to my knight in shining armor...two children grown up and living full-on adventures of their very own...being around to watch my 10-year-old grandson thrive and achieve...most of my friends and family living far and wide...still eager to self-educate, seek new challenges,  forge new connections, and most recently, looking for new creative outlets.  Never did I think I would be able to sum up my most precious parts with such brevity.

Grateful for this opportunity to think and ponder my existence, I am excited about turning 63 and celebrating each day ahead as it unfolds.  Happy Birthday to me.


No comments: