Tuesday, February 3, 2015

South Tulsa Living Magazine

                            
Eleven-Mile Reservoir

Such a thrill to see my photos and copy in print.  In a real magazine.  My head doth swell.  Now I can understand better why Jeff continues to be the editor of Errorscope magazine (way to go, honey! CONECA is lucky to have you as their editor and wordsmith).  It's an amazing feeling to see our own words 'in print' where others will get to read them.  Heady stuff for this newbie columnist.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  I have been asked to join South Tulsa Living (a social newsletter for our area neighborhoods) writing staff. The folks who work at the magazine thought my "Living Green" stuff would be a good addition.  I'm honored and happy to provide a monthly 'tip, challenge, recipe' on a multi-layered subject about living a greener life.  Not an expert, by any stretch, but a more enthusiastic practitioner you would be hard-pressed to find.   My first "Living Green...one change at a time" column will appear in April's issue.  Not yet written, the bits and threads of ideas are already flowing.  Home-made laundry detergent, anyone? 

So, what is this head swelling escapade I spoke of at the beginning of this post? My first column hasn't even been written yet.  Candy Trenary, (Area Director/Publisher of South Tulsa Living) saw a few photos I posted on FaceBook.  She asked if I would be willing to submit and write a short piece about our recent trip to Colorado.   I was willing. Those photos and my few paragraphs of text  appeared in this month's issue of the magazine.  This is what makes me so high on myself today.

Cooler heads will prevail eventually.  But I am going to ride this air current of loveliness for as long as I can. In the meantime, thank you, Candy, for inviting me to join you guys.  Thank you, Terri (Terri Jeffers, Editor, South Tulsa Living). 

You want it when?

Click here to read the text portion of the Colorado Road Trip, submitted to the magazine.





Breckenridge Ski Resort, CO