Monday, February 10, 2014

Peppermint Squishy Goo

This project started out as a fun "SLIME" making activity while we had Gavin over for a long weekend.  I   made it once, years before, with Abram.  I don't remember it coming together this easily or with this same wonderful consistency.  So glad we came across this better, more refined recipe on the internet.  

I liked the feel of the slime so much and found playing with it so relaxing, I had to make another batch.  This time I wanted to figure out the recipe for a smaller, 1-cup batch, using a different color and while whipping it up, wondering aloud, would it work with a drop or two of essential oils? or mess up the science of the reaction between Glue and Borax?  Had to give it a try.

The results worked out so well, I published a ScanGuide with my step-by-step directions, for future reference.   A new name, new purpose, new color and SCENTED.  YAY!  Way YAY!





No comments: