Thursday, February 2, 2012

Celebrating 10 Years...

Ten years ago today, I radically changed my eating habits.  In an attempt to get my cholesterol under control through diet alone, I stepped off the grid that is mainstay America.  Reading every label, counting every milligram of cholesterol and watching my intake of calories and fat, I subscribed to nutritional publications that came out of medical universities instead of Women's Day and Better Homes and Gardens.  

People who know me can attest to my obsessive behavior.  I say there is no other way to change ingrained habits without some full out, feet-to-the-fire tenacity and determination.  Call it what you will, I prefer OCB, obsessive committed behavior.

It's February 2, 2012.  Ten years ago today, I changed my eating habits.  The journey has been a healthier one, of this I am certain.

No comments: