Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting the house spruced up for my Mom's visit


I love cleaning house....in the sweet anticipation of a special person coming to visit us. Even though I saw my Mom this past spring...it's been close to two years since Mom has been to visit us in Ozark. What a treat. Mom and I will do a road trip down to Sarasota to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, Jessica (a new arrival to Florida)...and then we'll do another road trip down to Fort Walton Beach to visit my brother and his girlfriend.

All right then, I'm back to cleaning. Black-eyed peas are cooking on the stove top and I need one more cup of espresso (Thank you, sweet neighbor, for the latest batch of magical elixir). Tomorrow is meal planning and shopping for food...and Saturday is cooking--gotta try this new Hummingbird Cake recipe I just found. I'm in my happy place!


No comments: